Monday, April 4, 2011

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Tite: The Titan's Curse
Author: Rick Riordan
Pages:  312
Series:  Percy Jackson & The Olympians

When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped.And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monster that Artemis was hunting when she disappeared -- a monster rumored to be so powerful it could destroy Olympus forever.
This is the 3rd book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I have it in my bookshelf with the rest of the series.


Okay. I have a trouble digesting it at first through the middle part since I started reading this book after EON: The Dragoneye Reborn. The thought of the latter book still haunting me. So I found Rick Riordan's writing and funny lines corny. Sorry. I should have rested and not compare since the theme is completely different. It was pretty unfair to read another book while the previous book was still consuming my thoughts.

But then again, I read on and when I was on 75% of the book, it came back to me. I enjoyed reading Percy Jackson and found the humor of Rick Riordan amusing once more. They said that this one was better than the first. I say it just about right as the first book. The adventures were doubled here but all the same, it was funny and entertaining as the first one. There were names that I think will be relevant in the future books that I need to watch out for. The quest is better here than the second book, the climax is great and the ending was as I hope it would turn out to be. The deliberation of the Olympians were of course a little bit of a prick. And just as about you close the book, it left you hanging for the next adventure. (I think it is a good thing because you will have a need to buy the next book.)

So this book gets a five star. Fast-paced. Thrilling adventure everywhere. Loyalty. Love. Bravery. Friendship. Hatred and loss all-in, not to mention witty. Do I recommend it? Without a doubt!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment