Monday, January 17, 2011

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Title: Eragon
Author : Christopher Paolini
Pages: 730
Series: The Inheritance Series

Dragon Riders were popular in the land in keeping peace until one rider named Galbatorix, thirsty for power killed all the riders and their dragons who did not ally with him. He became the the King and kept three dragon eggs to hatch. But it never chose to hatch until an egg was rescued from his possession and hatched under the human touch. Eragon became the rider that the dragon has chosen, resurrecting the days of the dragon riders.

My thoughts on this book:

If you want adventure on travelling, this is the book for you. It spent a great deal of pages on his travel to the Varden. This is the first time that I appreciated a movie over the book. It was interesting, yes, but didn't put me on the edge of my seat. It was a drag reading this book because it lacked the adventure that I was expecting from Eragon. Pity, I bought Brisngr and Eldest. So I have to keep reading this series. There are so many things that hinder me in enjoying reading Eragon. One of them are the terms and the odd names and places. I know that the author has created these ancient language to make it believable, nevertheless, I didn't appreciate it. It was a bottleneck for me. It was so hard to memorize, and I keep on checking out who's who, and the maps.

Also, the author's descriptions was not easy to make up in one's imagination, if you know what I mean. I ended up skipping and reading past some of the narratives . I just want it to get over with. That's how I felt when I read this book. It didn't capture my thirst to read. I even lost interest at times that's why I tarried in completing this book. Bah! The movie was great, I reckon!

Overall, I give it three stars out of five.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment